New (Pty) Ltd Registration (Name Included)
A (Pty) Ltd or Private Company is a legal establishment on its own and has to be registered as a tax payer in its own right. There is no restriction on the amount of shareholders it can have, but is restricted from offering its shares to the general public.
“(Pty) Ltd” stands for “Propriety Limited”
• A (Pty) Ltd can be started by 1 Director/Incorporator and can have as many directors as needed.
• There is a limited liability on Share Holders and Directors in regards to company’s debts.
• The name must end with “(Pty) Ltd”.
• Transfers of shares are restricted.
• Directors can be changed if needed by the company.
• It will have a Memorandum of Incorporation which will include all its requirements once the company is registered.
To register a company, the following documents and information is required:
• The number of directors the company will have along with the ID copies
• Four proposed names in order of preference.
• The postal and physical address of the company. It can even be same as your residential address, if you don’t have a separate business premises for now or if you trade from home.
• Company contact details (this includes email addresses and Telephone numbers)
• The details of the intended director/s. (this includes addresses, contact numbers and email addresses)
• A limited Power of Attorney in which you give us the authority to register a company on your behalf, signed by all intended director/s (which will be sent to you via email once the order is placed).
The Company Registration process is divided into two steps:
Step 1: Name Reservations will be made, which will take 5-10 business days. However, if there is a delay from CIPC due to system errors or work load, the process could take longer.
Step 2: Once the name has been approved, the Company Registration process will take place, which will take 5-10 business days. However, if there is a delay from CIPC due to system errors or work load, the process could take longer.
All in all, the process could take 2-4 weeks.
Once the company has been registered, you will receive the following documents via email or post:
• A registration certificate COR 14.3
• A Notice of Incorporation COR 14.1
• Confirmation of the initial directors appointed to the company COR 14.1A
• Memorandum of incorporation (MOI) COR 15.1A
• Share certificate (as required)
To get started with your Company Registration Application:
Including name reservation